Hi, I’m back. I’ve been taking care of my sick baby the past few days. This time it’s not a cough or runny nose it’s a stomach bug. The worst part is I didn’t realize it was a true stomach bug until two of his daycare friends started getting sick today too. I feel like the worst Mama for bringing my sick baby to daycare to infect the other babies. It started like this ..
Tuesday night : middle of the night he threw up. Then threw up 2 more times.
- I thought maybe he ate too much since it was clear liquid by mostly rice from dinner
Wednesday Morning: he was in the best mood playing everything was normal. Then it came out the other end (the worst diaper I’ve ever smelled).
- So I thought phew maybe that’s the end of it.
- He was drinking fine and acting fine so I thought he’s fine to go to daycare.
He continued to be his normal happy self at daycare but had to blow outs requiring outfit changes.
Wednesday Night: one more blow out which he went straight in the bath from.
- He slept through the night
- No blowouts or anything
- Drank a bottle first thing in the morning
- Still thinking whatever it is, is just running through his system.
Thursday Afternoon: “two of his friends are throwing up now”
Ugh my baby seemed fine but now I feel terrible. If daycare hadn’t been closed for weather and a funeral the week before maybe I would have called out and kept him home but there’s just so much you can do as a working Mom when everyone in the family works too.
Some things I learned:
- It can last longer than an adult Bug
- We went to bottles only and cut out solids and that helped settle his stomach
- We also started doing 2oz bottles at a time until he could handle more
- They make single serve bottles of Pedialyte – just add Medela nipple
But most of all I learned that my baby still wants to cuddle his Mama all day when he doesn’t feel good – I wasn’t mad at that!